Tuesday, February 10, 2009

WRONG! - Day 10 – “Has it been only 10 days?”

(Updated 2/13/2009) - It was really day 16! – My head was not screwed on tight.   Sorry Nutrisystem, I DO have all of the meal items I should have.

As of yesterday, I’ve lost 6½ pounds!  (I’m weighing in only on Mondays)  When I looked at the month-view, I realized that today is only my 10th day on Nutrisystem®.

What I wish I had known:
  1. Check the box: The hype says you get 7 days of free food.  I can’t find it.  I’m on day 10.  I didn’t eat any “extra” breakfasts, but I only have 20 left.  I should have 25.  I have 20 Lunches left.  28 + 7 = 35.  The invoice says they packed 35 Lunches.  9 (no lunch today yet) + 20 = 29.  Plus, last week I didn’t eat Thursday’s, so I should have 35-8=25.  I’m 5 short.  (see above)
    Lesson – When the box arrives, match the contents to the packing slip.
  2. Keep a journal.  Make the decision, and adjust your mental attitude from the beginning, that this IS going to work for you.  And as such, you want to shape the program to what you want.  You CAN choose what food they send – even on the initial order.  The problem is that you don’t know what’s good.  For instance, “Pasta Parmesan With Broccoli” sounds great!  I had it for my very first lunch.  Some noodles in a yellow paste, with flecks of green.  And it sucked – big time.  And I have 3 more servings just waiting for me.
    Some people must like it or they wouldn’t have it on the menu – but for me, it’s the first item that I removed from my upcoming order.
    Lesson – Use the ability to customize your order!
  3. Stock up on Splenda®  A whole cup of Fat Free Cottage Cheese (so far Kroger brand is best) sprinkled with a spoonful of Splenda is only 160 calories.
  4. Use the on-line tools!  You can record everything you ingest to ensure you stay below your daily caloric goals.

0 comments: