Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sand Mower

PajamaGal and I were enjoying the breakfast buffet at the Reef Club in Cozumel yesterday! We were seated on the outside terrace with an excellent view of the majical jade-green waters we've found only in the carribean. I was studying the complex flavors of my omelet when my better-half questioned, "Honey, why do they mow the sand?"

I looked up and immediately understood her confusion. It looked very much like a man was "mowing the beach". We see the maintenance workers walking behind similar contraptions every week at home when the growndskeepers mow the grass.

On that morning in Cozumel, the device was a sand groomer, digging, sifting, raking and smoothing the beach, 1 meter wide with each pass. (See photo). But it sure did look like he was "mowing the sand!"

0 comments: