Tuesday, September 13, 2005

That Wasn't What I Said!


On Monday night (the 12th) – FOX (Ch 360 on DirecTV) was on. I wasn’t paying too much attention. But I heard them start to rag on MSM for hyping the predictions of “tens-of-thousands” expected deaths in New Orleans alone, when only 279 had been recorded so far. With 45 of those coming from one hospital, a death toll of under 250 for all of New Orleans sure seems way low to me.

I thought the emphasis was misplaced, so I wrote the following email and sent it to Capt. Ed, Glenn Reynolds, and Michelle Malkin.


(I’ve been reading much more Morrissey than Reynolds lately because I’m getting way tired of:

Click here!

- or-

OUCH. (Via Stephen Green).


- or-

HURRICHICANERY?

C’mon Glenn, if you’re gonna link, at least give me some taste of where I’m about to go.

… and when you have guest bloggers , make ‘em use a byline!)




Sent: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 06:39:19 -0500From: PajamaGuy <PajamaGuy@gmail.com>Subject: Only 279 ? ??!?!?!To: Captain Ed, Glenn Reynolds,
& Michelle Malkin
Glenn, Michelle,
Captain,



Louisiana’s death toll is about 279.
Fox started spouting

last night that it was
MSM who was predicting 10,000+.

What do you
really think?



Didn’t we ALL expect thousands?
C’mon, we knew there were

1,000’s of poor
folks who couldn’t or wouldn’t get out.

MSM
wasn’t alone.



MSM sucks! (Unless you’re a far-left
liberal) Make no mistake – but please, let’s not blame – OR CREDIT - MSM
because the death toll was/is so low. Could it just be because a few
million folks got on their virtual knees and said, “God help them?”
- (…and weren’t you three among us?



Could it
just be because prayers were answered?



-PajamaGuy



I didn’t expect an answer. But I got one from Ed.

---- Original message ----
>Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:10:10 -0500
>From: "Captain Ed" <captain@captainsquartersblog.com>
>Subject: Re: Only 279 ? ??!?!?!
>To: PajamaGuy
>
> I think that's confirmed deaths so far, not a comprehensive total.
> Link: File-List
>
> Cheers!
>
> Edward Morrissey
> Captain's Quarters
>
> Thus every blogger, in his kind,
> is bit by him who comes behind ...

Whoooooaaaa! Captain Ed sent me a reply! (no sarcasm meant!) I wasn’t sure he got my point – I mean yeah, I know there will be more – so I wrote back:


Sent: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:29:31 -0500From: PajamaGuy
Subject: Re: Only 279 ? ??!?!?!To: Captain Ed
Yes Sir - I agree it will go higher, but still - didn't you really think there'd be several multiples of that by now?

Can't you believe at least some life was spared because of prayer?

(Why wasn't it a direct hit? Why did the wind speed decrease? What meteorological occurrence deflected the storm by 30 miles? With all the 90° water and even Joe Bastardi calling for wind speed increase, why did it drop to 145? I’m no soapbox preacher, but I choose to believe prayers were answered.)

- PajamaGuy


Wasn’t I surprised when Bloglines popped me with the following CQ RSS feed!!!!!

Not only did I NOT even mention WaPo, Ed chooses to ignore my underlying point altogether.

I just shake my head……

0 comments: