Sunday, May 22, 2005

Strawberry Shortcake .......... NOT!

.
I should have taken a picture but my $2.00 purchase hit the garbage can faster than I could say "Click!"

Right inside the Crafts building they were selling samples of Strawberry Shortcake for 2 bucks each. Looking through the clear plastic snap-top tubs, I thought the color of the strawberry topping was just a tad too pink - not the deep red of a ripe strawberry. I bought it anyway - I mean this WAS the official 32nd Annual Pasadena Strawberry Festival!

Once we got the temperature inside the car below 100° (it was 94° on the midway), PajamaGal couldn't wait any longer. We're doing the South Beach/Atkins thing and don't eat any cake, cookies, etc.

She almost threw-up. It was the candy-like goo that could be classified only as something for the under-10 age group. And it wasn't shortcake - it was store-bought pound cake. YUK!

0 comments: